The starting point is the gospel.
We believe mankind is desperately lost without Jesus Christ. The Bible says that apart from God through Christ “we are dead in trespasses and sin”. The scripture is also clear that “there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved”. (Acts 4:12)
We are guided by these Biblical principles:
- All people are spiritually lost and in need of a Savior, because sin has separated everyone from a Holy God.
- Jesus satisfied God’s wrath against sin by bearing the punishment for our sin in His voluntary death on the cross.
- Those who repent and trust in Jesus Christ as Savior receive the benefit of Jesus’ atoning death.
- Apart from trusting in Jesus Christ, there is no assurance of salvation.
- We are commanded to “repent and believe the Gospel”.
- We are commanded to “make disciples”. The starting point is to “preach” (proclaim) the Gospel.
- Believing, or faith, comes through hearing the Gospel clearly communicated.
- The Gospel is the dominant theme from which all other teaching and activities emerge.
- Water baptism should soon follow repentance and faith.
We make the Gospel available by these means:
- First, we teach and grow in our appreciation and amazement of the Gospel.
- Our participants are equipped and encouraged to live Gospel-centered lives.
- We train our members to communicate the Gospel with sensitivity, accuracy, and passion.
- The Gospel is clearly articulated in our public meetings.
- We participate in activities as diverse as street evangelism and special outreach events to communicate the Gospel.
- We integrate communicating the Gospel into mercy ministry (serving, feeding, clothing and helping).
- We regularly host “welcoming” events designed to provide an environment where we can interact with seekers in an atmosphere of fellowship, conversation, and friendship.
If you have not yet come to trust Jesus as your Lord and Savior, we invite you to reject all self-righteousness, repent of your sinful independence from God, trust Jesus for the forgiveness of your sins, and surrender your life to His loving Lordship. The triune God, Father, Son and Spirit, extend grace and fellowship that enables you to turn to Him. We welcome you to journey with us, together, growing to know God, and to make Him known.